You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||10 months ago|
|articles||1 year ago|
|resources||1 year ago|
|templates||10 months ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|config.py.sample||10 months ago|
|defaults.py||1 year ago|
|main.py||10 months ago|
This repository holds the code for the website of the XMPP service at chat.phryk.net. It interfaces to any webserver via WSGI.
- Implements invite-based registrations
- Interfaces with Prosody, specifically mod_invites_register_api
- Offers dynamically generated installation/registration guides for every defined OS/client combination.
- Provides ConverseJS web-based XMPP client as fallback
- Renders markdown articles
- SCSS integration
- looks spiffy, but has no JS except for Converse
- Prosody >= 0.11
- Python >= 3.6
What you don't need is a database. :)
Code is currently a wee bit messy and not terribly well suited to customization. This is supposed to change in order to make it easier for others to set up invite-based XMPP services.
In particular, we want to:
* Make the site easily extensible (routes, assets, content – the works) * Make all integrated templates and assets overridable * Make the whole thing a bit cleaner * Add CLI command to automatically pull ConverseJS resources * Package the whole thing for easy installation
No time to write a proper guide.
For now, you can check out Flasks deployment docs if you get stuck.
- A config.py (look at config.py.sample)
- An HTTP server, commonly nginx or Apache
- Something that talks WSGI
- The contents of this repository
If you use nginx, use uwsgi to run the app. Read their docs, try this .ini:
chdir = /path/to/xmpp-site # unix socket uwsgi listens on socket = /tmp/xmpp-site.sock wsgi = main:app
Hook it up to nginx via uwsgi_pass.
If you use Apache, we have no idea, read the docs of mod_wsgi.
The WSGI application object is